Image Image Image Image Image
Scroll to Top

To Top

Posts

10

Nov
2022

In Posts

By Ruth Frick O'Brien

Polls & Faculty Rolls & Roles?

On 10, Nov 2022 | In Posts | By Ruth Frick O'Brien

*Given the difficulty https://RuthOBrien.org has in maintaining its “home” page that has been hacked by right wing political hackers, I am seeking shelter from my workplace or CUNY Academic Commons. So, whenever you see the GOP backwards with this thought or dialogue bubble, know that it’s intended to provoke critical race theory or critical thinking, yes — the kind the conservatives and the Repubs. love to make fun of, though given the midterms, will it work much longer, hmm.

I learned the hard way to never, ever call an election. Now, its less that my colleagues across the nation with their little models and modeling get it wrong over and over. No, it’s more that when I was a Ph.D student UCLA couldn’t convince their female pollster to join our rolls. Faculty rules, go figure?

*This thought bubble is meant as a fill in the blank and/or plank of the GOP or the Dems as NR refers to them. I used to call them both bourg, referring to the nineteenth century of course! This really got my mom . . .  And by “bourg” I meant backward, I’d say anywhere from the 1870s to 1918. This last year comes to mind as I am thinking of a little case about children making furniture on railroads, or the court saying that unless they did there was NO need for child labor legislation. Visualize a tool for knocking in nails and you’re have way there 🙂

Tags |